CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Trials

So Im trying to figure out what the lesson for me is right now. On Wednesday, April 16th I took Trents truck down to Kingman to get the tranny fixed. It was shifting back and forth between gears at 45 to 50 miles an hour and again at 80. When I dropped it off they said it would be done by Friday the 18th so I called that morning and they said they were "shooting for Tuesday". I am able to have my mom ride down with me on Wednesday the 22nd so one of us can drive my van and one of us drive the truck. I called at 8 am before we leave Vegas and ask if its done.... "oh yeah, come on down, they are just cleaning off the battery cables and doing some minor stuff to it" I said "are you sure its ready for me cuz Im coming down from Vegas?" "Oh yeah, it will be ready by the time you get here"
We get there around 10 am and do some stuff with my sisters before I go and get it. Its 4pm when I get there and the guy that has been working on it is test driving another vehicle so I need to wait for him so he can tell me whats going on with my truck. I knew then that something was wrong and it wasnt going home with me. Other wise I would have just paid for it and been on my way. It takes him 45 min. to get there, then he explains to me that its not ready to go, it is still doing the EXACT same thing. UGH!!!! He tells me all of the stuff he has done to it to try to fix the problem and thinks its some kind of computer something or other and has to get it into the dealership. So Im sure that it didnt even need a new tranny but I got one anyway! I have awesome luck like that!
I felt kind of bad for the guy that Im dealing with, he is just a young pup and didnt even know that I was on my way down and felt really bad so he said they would cover the cost of the dealership stuff.
On our way home its a really nice drive, the weather is nice and cool and the one kid I had with me (Christina) behaved very well. We pull up to Hoover dam and when I slow down going up the hill my tranny goes out! oh the JOYS!!!! I was able to drive 35 miles per hour the rest of the way home. I was able to use our taxe return for the truck (it took almost every cent of it) but I just dont know what Im going to do for my van. Cant afford a new one. We are still paying on the truck and we had 2 car payments when we first got the truck for about a year and that was really tough!!
Anyway, so the guy gets it taken care of, and I make arrangments for my sisters to meet me half way with the truck. My Bro in law drove it quite a distance and my sister drove it about 50 miles with no problems. We meet at the halfway point and chat for a min. then Trent decides he's going to go ahead so he puts it in reverse, backs up, puts it in drive and it wont go anywhere. DANG IT!!!! he turns it off, starts it back up again and puts it in drive, it gets going but very slow and he has to floor it.....anywho, with the help of my sisters its towed back to the shop in Kingman and Im waiting til tomorrow to find out what we do from here.
Its super frustrating but I have to say that I have been oddly calm and not upset about the whole thing like I normally am. Im just going with the flow. its actually been good for us because we are having to walk and ride our bikes. We even rode them to church today. Im sure people probably though I was some kind of wacko riding a bike in a dress.
We will see what we find out tomorrow.

2 comments:

Shanell said...

Wow, sounds like a mess....so what are you guys using for a car right now?

Shanell said...

Ok...now you need to update your blog!!! that is the whole point :)