The kids started school on monday. Im torn emotionally about this. Christina started kindergarten this year. I have no more kids at home during the day. Im officially in the next stage of my life. Im getting old! I cant believe I have no more toddlers or an infant at home. On the other hand this is something to look forward to as well. I have 8 hours a day all to myself. Knowing that this was a new stage in life I had decided that we would get a better morning routine. So for TWO days in a row, We have all gotten up at SIX A.M. (Im not a morning person!) I have fixed breakfast while the kids get dressed, we have been kneeling at the kitchen table chairs to say morning prayer and bless the food, and while the kids eat I have read a chapter in the scriptures. After that we all clean up the kitchen, everyone makes beds, brushes teeth, combs hair and puts on sunblock. Syd leaves for school. I then do Christina's hair, Kailee and Spencer comb their hair and they leave for school. I feel like we are getting SO much done in such a short amount of time. After they leave, I have vacuumed their room and straighten the beds they make. It is really good to get so much done so early. I pray I can keep up this routine. It is really hard for me because Im used to the kids getting up on their own, getting ready, fixing thier own breakfast while I clean the kitchen, and they leave while I lounge around in my jammies and hang out on the internet while Christina was sleeping.
I will post pics of their first day tomorrow. Im anxious to get a few more things done and dont have the patients to sit and download the pictures.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Two Days in a Row
Posted by Las Vegas Nielsen's at 9:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow that is awesome! I hope you can keep it up too. I know it will be hard. I hate mornings. Good luck sis! I know you can do it!
Molly (AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW halo above your head)
Post a Comment