This is Ellen C., one of my best friends growing up, and still a great friend, Aaron B., I was totally in love with that boy from the first day he came to school in second grade (Ms. Mullens class) and me. It was 2 days after my 12th birthday.
Notice Im wearing a coat and neither of the other 2 are. Yeah, I was always cold, the only time I wasnt always cold was the few years I spent with the extra almost 100lbs of my own insulation I carried around starting from after I had my first child.
I remember this day very well. Our science teacher was Miss Hopkins and our assignment was to make a solar cooker that worked. We went thru all that scientific stuff first like hypothosis, (lol, thats the only scientific word I can think of) testing different colors to see what colors obsorbed or deflected heat in the sun, you know, stuff like that. Then we all had to make our cookers and bring them in for testing. We tested them this day by cooking smorse, and Miss Hopkins chose us three to take our picture, with our working cookers, to submit to The Times Independant. All though I was super shy and hated that I was getting my picture taken, I was very happy to have my picture taken right next to Aaron! Oh to think of the simple things that made life worth living! Ahhh, Im just thinking of how My sisters and I were all going to marry one of the "B" boys. Aaron was my age so I was going to marry him, Eddie was Candice's age and Andy was Kendra's age. They had a cousin named Jason that was Brendas age. Yep we had it all planned!

2 comments:
Why didnt you say the Billings? I try yo find them all the time. Do you remember Coleens married name? We should try to find her. I would really like to see them all grown up!
LOL, ok maybe it is just me, but you look WAY older then the other two. Aaron seriously looks 6 years old....you look about 17.
Post a Comment