Yes Colin, I am doing something about it. I took Syd in about 2 years ago to get an evaluation about getting braces, but because he was cursed with his dad's teeth he still had too many baby teeth to do anything yet.
I found out about the UNLV Orthodontist program thru a friend of mine and I got him in for a looksee in Sept. and he had enough of his baby teeth gone to beable to move forward. He still has two permanent baby teeth, but so does Trent and so does Trents 82 year old dad, so Im pretty sure they are not going anywhere like some dentists have said they might.
In November they put the spacers in and on December 10th he got his top braces. He was supposed to get bottoms on in April, but the bottom spacers havent moved his teeth enough to put them on, so we go back on June 16th and he gets his bottoms on. He will have them on for about 2 years and then I will take Kailee in and get her teeth taken care of. Then after all of my kids teeth are taken care of, I will try to get mine fixed. Luckily mine arent bad, they have just peeled because of the amount of lemons I eat daily....its a price Im willing to pay!

1 comments:
Those are some strong "crappy teeth" genes Trent has, I guess our Dickerson perfect teeth are recessive.
Post a Comment