So I've been slowling mucking out stuff. I just dont like "stuff" any more. It takes so much time and energy. I have come to learn that the fewer things you have, the more simple life can be. I have been cleaning out my kids drawers and as I do laundry I have been getting rid of stuff and its such a good feeling to let go of stuff. Its so much easier doing laundry with out so much stuff to do. My kids have a tendancy to get something out of their drawer or closet and if it no longer fits or if they no longer like it they throw it on the floor and I dont know, so I pick it up and wash it, or they just put it in the dirty clothes!
I went through my kitchen last week and got rid of a few items that I no longer use (a few things I had never even taken out of the box) so now I have room for more of the things I use and can get to them easier with out everything falling....
Some of you may not know that the six of us live in what I refer to as some peoples walk in closet. So we need very few things. Not to mention, why do I feel I need to hang on to stuff I dont need or use? I havent figured that out yet.
I should have taken before pictures, but I didnt think of it until I decided to sit down and write this blog :-) right now my living room has lots of clothes on the couch because Im in the middle of a project. When you clean something out, it sure makes a mess, but the end result is always nice when you get it done and things put away.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Spring Cleaning
Posted by Las Vegas Nielsen's at 12:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is a good idea, you guys do need all the room you can get :-) I'm a little nervous about the house we are going to be moving into...it is really old. But it's ok, I just have to tell myself it's only temperary.
Yeah, I cleaned out my closet for clothes that are too big/I never wear. I filled three garbage bags.
There's a donation drop off like a block from here, so it's super convinent
Post a Comment