Our cat had babies yesterday. They were all white, 5 of them. She is the best little mommy around. She is so clean and there is never any sign of her having babies except the babies themselves. She had a litter of 3 on Feb. 07, we kept one, her name is Oreo. Poor Kittie Kat has been so miserable, she was way bigger with this pregnancy then with the 3. She would walk a few steps and just plop down. She was so grouchy if Oreo was any where near her she would hiss and swat at her.
When Kittie Kat went into labor yesterday she came into the living room and meowed her funny meow for Oreo to follow her. I had a feeling then that she was in labor. She went under the kids' bunk bed and came back out and did a funny little meow at me so I followed her and saw that she had a little white kitty. I hung around under the bed with her for a while and she had 2 more pure white ones, one with a stubby little tail. Oreo hung out the whole time, helping clean the ones mom already cleaned while mom attended to the new kitties. Ofter the 3rd I had to go run a couple of errands. When I got back about 2 hours later there were 5 white little kitties, 2 with the stubby little tail.
Today Christina and I left my house about 10 a.m. to go clean a house while the kids were at school. When I got back Christina walked in first and said "(gasp!) Mom a kittie!" she picked it up and its head was flopping so I knew it was dead. I said "oh crap, is it dead?" Christina said "yes, sorry mom"
I felt really bad for T cuz she said that while I was getting ready to go clean, she took the kitties out from under the kids bed and put them in my room in the dogs bed. So I ran into my room to see if any were in there and the beds cushion was on the floor away from the bed part. I started looking for the poor things. I found one on the back of the couch, dead, one on the couch in a blanket, dead. One behind a couch pillow, dead, and one on my bed, dead. "its all my fault mom, sorry" Poor T feels so bad. I have no idea where the fifth one is.....Im sure I will be surprised when I find (smell) it.
Im not sure exactly how they died, but our dog Galiath is a Chinese Crested "powder puff". We have mini hamsters, when the hamsters get out, he finds them and I have caught him tossing them in the air and "playing" with them. He has killed one of them this way and Im assuming this is what he did to the poor little kitties. They had no noticable inuries so they werent purposely killed. Its sad. But it is a little bit of a relief to not have to worry about finding good homes for 5 little kitties.....
In memory of their 24 hour life, here are some pictures.
As I am posting these, Kittie Kat just came into the house and is now looking for her babies.....SAD!


Friday, May 30, 2008
R.I.P Little kitties
Posted by Las Vegas Nielsen's at 1:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh my gosh....that is soooo sad!! not suprising, lol, but sad.
Post a Comment